Friday, October 15, 2010

Waikiki Conversations.

Earlier this week when Allie was out of school we went down to Waikiki to have lunch with Jason (Allie's loves Denny's - haha). I parked on the street and got out and was putting about 100 dimes in the meter when some guy walks up to me. He looks like a total tool (think that guy from Ghost Adventures. . . Janie knows what I'm talking about).
He stops and says: "Do I know you? I think I know you from somewhere!"

Me:  "Mm. Nope. I don't think so."  go back to putting dimes in meter.

Dumb guy: "No, I swear I know you. Maybe I saw you out somewhere - do you go out?"

Me: "Nooo, I don't think so. I don't get out much." glancing at Allie standing next to me.

Dumb guy: "No, I'm serious. You look so familiar!"

Me thinking  "Yeah, okay buddy. . .whatever. "

Dumb Guy: "Are you from here? Do you work in Waikiki?"

Me: "No I don't. . . but my fiance does. . . "

Dumb Guy: "Oh, oh! Maybe that's it - yeah I think I work with your fiance!"

Me:  I turn and look at him for a second, worried I might have been rude to someone Jason actually works with. . . "um, where do you work?"

Dumb Guy: "I'm a stripper! Is your fiance a stripper!?"

At this point I bust out laughing!

Me: "Uh, No! Not even close!"

Dumb Guy: "Oh well, you look like the girlfriend of one of the guys I work with. . . "  He sheepishly walks away at that point but as he's walking away he keeps periodically looking back and mumbling stuff "I swear I knew you, I just got so confused. . ."

I think he was on drugs. It was kinda funny though. Oh, Waikiki! About to head down there again. When I get back I will have a full report on the Hello Kitty Buffet  which I am dragging Jason to today.  Don't tell Allie.

No comments:

Post a Comment