Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Children's Discovery Center

We spent Sunday at the Children's Discovery Center - I was a little skeptical before going to this place.  For one, I think the ticket prices are prohibitively expensive at $8 - 10 bucks a ticket (including children) so for a family of four to visit this place it's going to cost $40 which I think is way too much.  Anyway, they had free admission so I jumped at the chance to check it out.

It is really great actually and I might pay to go back (if it was just Allie & I).  They have 3 floors of various interactive exhibits - they're all educational and fun.  I think at least 2 of the areas have rotating exhibitions (so its not the same thing all the time). Allie and I liked the fun house mirrors they had set up.


The top floors has cultural exhibits - one is like you are visiting Hawaiʻi so there's a traditional Hawaiian home the kids can explore, a giant boat (like a shipping boat? I donʻt know what theyʻre called), thereʻs a plane with actual plane seats and an ocean area.  They also have different homes - ie. Korean, Chinese, Japanese houses with dress-up clothes, play food, etc, etc.  Pretty cool, fun place for kids.  Allie ran into her friend Anabel there which I think made it even more fun.


Grocery shopping!
Allie showing some Korean pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment