Sunday, October 10, 2010

Korean tacos!!!


We just a got fancy new Korean taco truck from LA!  I keep reading about these Korean taco trucks which have become a huge thing in LA and SF (basically everywhere on the West Coast).  I missed my chance to try them in San Fran - we had already eaten dinner and I just couldn't eat anymore. So I heard that we finally got a truck here and it opened on Friday. I actually can't believe it took them that long to open one up here. We went to try it last night and it is sooooo good!

K-tacos!
Yes, Korean tacos sounds pretty weird but it works. Basically they just use Korean-style meats (short ribs, bulgogi, etc). They had four different kinds so we tried one of each (spicy pork, short ribs, chicken & tofu).  Jason was pretty happy with the short ribs.  My favorite was the tofu - the tofu was super crispy on the outside so it gave the taco some texture and it was nice and spicy..  The flavors/sauces they use are really good!  We also tried their sliders (mini Hamburgers/sandwiches) which you can try with any of their meat choices.  We tried the spicy pork - they were really, really good too - they're on a super soft sweet bread type roll. . . mmmmm. .  . just thinking about it makes me salivate.  And then we tried the creamy kimchee fries!  Its really just fries covered with a creamy kimchee flavored sauce - Its nice and spicy and kimchee-y but I wish there was some real kimchee on top.  You could get meat on top but that seemed weird. Anyway, it was really delicious - I can't wait to go back! We couldn't get Allie to try anything though!

No comments:

Post a Comment