Sunday, October 10, 2010

More Artwork!

Some more Allie artworks!  We went and visited her teacher last week and she said that Allie is quite the artist still.  She showed us some of the things she had done in class - her attention to detail and perception is amazing.  She has a really good memory and can remember specific colors of things, minor details etc.  Anyway, it'll be exciting to see how her talent develops.  Everyone assumes that since I've done art before that I spent a lot of time "teaching her to do art" but in all honesty, I really haven't done anything other than expose her to the materials. She keeps telling us that she is an artist and that she's going to be an artist when she grows up.  Haha, Until she figures out that you can't buy many toys (or much of anything) if you're an artist.

Me & Allie with pumpkins, butterflies, flying chicks.

Kitty Princess & Prince getting a drink at the drinking fountain (on the right) and then going to the castle (left).
Sunset - note the reflection on the water (I asked her what it was and she told me it was "how you can see the sun on the water") 
I think this was her inspiration - we went swimming and got to watch the sunset over the water the other week. I think it was the first time she had really watched a sunset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment