Monday, August 16, 2010

I can cook if I want to!

Last night's dinner was one of my better ones.. . I thought I would never be able to cook but not to toot my own horn, I'm getting pretty darn good at it. I think I've been strongly influenced by Top Chef and also by the wide range of food offerings here in Hawaii.  Oddly enough, fish is my specialty (which is odd, because I hated to eat fish when I was a kid, well with the exception of Edies Beer battered fish! mmm. . .).  Allie LOVES it. . . she'll even eat raw ahi. . . which I guess because its so common here, doesn't seem that weird or scary.  Not too mention its sooo delicious.  Anyway, last night we decided to go with an Indian theme.

On the menu:

Coconut Chicken Curry (very good, a little salt at the end helped enhance the flavor - Jason told me he would eat this every night if I would make it.)

Channa Masala. (This was pretty good, I didn't have all the spices and couldn't find garam masala, nor do I want to undertake making it myself. . . I just used the cumin, tumeric, a little chilli powder for some spice, minced ginger and garlic <not paste> and some lemon at the end)

White rice.

Chai Brownies. (These were really, really good - mine weren't vegan or whatever, I used milk to make the chai and I nixed the coconut but the texture comes out exactly like a regular brownie with a hint of chai spice flavoring. . . the chai flavor seemed stronger right after they were finished- I tried one today and it didn't taste as strong.  Good & easy recipe though).

No comments:

Post a Comment