Monday, November 15, 2010

Hat Parade

Sorry - lazy week last week.  Actually I usually update this during my down time at work (shh. . . ) and only worked 2 days last week.  I wish I could keep this kind of work schedule forever!

Anyway, the kindergarteners at Allie's school made hats for their "Healthy Hat Parade" - part of their "Healthy Harvest" theme they had at school.  On Friday they all wore them to the morning school assembly - I like how they do the school assemblies every Friday.


The kids were cute with their crazy hats.  It started pouring rain during the middle of the assembly so there was a moment of all the kids squealing and running under cover to get out the open courtyard.

Allie with her class
Anabel, Allie & Dylan (new man of the moment - hehe)

Allie is starting to learn reading & writing at school! Already!! eek! When we met with the teacher she said they would be reading small books by the end of the year. wow. I think I could barely write "cat" and "dog" by first grade!

Allie's homework.. .
Also, she received her first report card last week!  Pretty good, although it more or less just explained where she was at in grasping certain concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment