Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Election Day/Girls' Day

Allie and I both had off Tuesday from school/work because of the election so we decided we'd have a fun girls day!

The night before we went to the library and checked out a bunch of books and a couple movies and stayed up watching the movies and eating popcorn.  Allie passed out half-way through That Darn Cat and I couldn't sit through Barbie Princess Fairy Mermaid Glitter rainbow whatever (yeah I totally made up that title, but I'll bet I'm not that far off - the Barbie movies are THE worst).

On Tuesday, we decided to go to the zoo since we hadn't been in a while.  First, I stopped off at the school to vote.  Ran into some minor problems because I forgot to reregister after we moved. All was okay though.  They gave Allie this ring:

I love how it says "Made in China" right across the bottom of the flag! haha. . . what a statement.
Tried to explain what "voting" was and what we were voting for to Allie. . . yeah, I still don't get it either, kid.

So then I tried to tell her, that as women, it is important to vote because there was a time when some "boys" thought "girls were too dumb to vote" and they had to fight for the right to vote. To which she replied "yeah, but its really the boys who are dumb because THEY FART!" Ah, we'll just have to save that lesson for another time.


After that we headed to the zoo.  Maybe we've been to the zoo too many times because Allie was more interested in the fat pigeons walking around and the guppies in the water than any of the actual zoo animals. Her favorite thing to see at the zoo is still the guinea pigs. They have a gigantic guinea pig cage and a revolving door of guinea pigs (I'm not sure if they just die off quickly or they rotate them, but there's always different guinea pigs. . . hmm. . . ).
There's a lion behind her somewhere.
Anyway, after about an hour, we're both done. Usually there is an argument about eating at the zoo because Allie always wants to eat there and I refuse to b/c the food is really awful and overpriced.  We came to a truce and decided we would go get Yogurtland later.

Hammin' it up for the camera - Yogurtland makes everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment