Monday, September 13, 2010

Lazy Sunday

Football starts today so Jason got up before dawn to start his beloved tradition of watching football all morning and afternoon with some friends. Since this is was my last full day with Allie before I leave for San Francisco we spent the day doing some fun things. She loves going to the playground, so we started off the morning at the Punahou School playground. Speaking of, we saw their new kindergarten/first grade building, which is RIDICULOUS. I guess that's what $20,000/year tuition buys you. Anyway, we like to go use their playground for free. I brought along my Instax for the day because I have a bunch of film and have been itching to take some pics. After the playground I took Allie up to Makiki Heights to one of the look-outs over the city, so I could play around with my camera some more. She said she was scared at first - I think because i told her we were going to drive up a huge hill and look at the city. But she thought it was cool once we got up there. I wanted to stop by the bookstore and pick up a couple magazines for my trip and it was about lunchtime, so we headed over to the mall and grabbed a small lunch and browsed the bookstore. After that we went to Yogurtland! :D If you don't know what Yogurtland is, I'm very sorry, but its awesome! They have about 15 flavors of soft serve frozen yogurt and it's all self-serve. And then they have about 30-40 topping options! We each chose 3 different flavors (Pumpkin Pie, Blood Orange/Peach Swirl, and Strawberry & Cheesecake Swirl!) and some toppings. I usually get strawberries, mochi cubes, these weird like popping gel balls and this jelly/jello mix. Allie goes more for the cereal/candy options - fruit loops, gummie bears, jelly beans. Anyway, it was a good day. Later on I went to the coffee shop with my friend, Mo, for a couple hours. We're going to try to start of weekly ritual at the same time every week of going to the coffee shop and working on our stuff for a couple hours. It does help to be there with someone who's working on their own stuff and helps me focus on my own work. I really, really want to graduate this spring!

Pictures from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment