Thursday, December 2, 2010

Comfort food!

Itʻs cold here today.

hahahahahahaha

No really, its cold to us warm people - itʻs been raining off and on and itʻs super windy.  (Please, please donʻt rain on our parade tonight!!)

I was just reading an article about comfort food and being that itʻs cold,  I started craving chong-guk.   I figured I could pretty much guess the recipe on my own but I just scoured the internet looking for one.  Okay, I have to talk to mom because the soup I found called "chong guk" is not the chong-guk mom made for us!  Chong-guk is a fermented soybean soup! Anyway,  then I found this other recipe for "hand torn noodle soup" which sounds about right.  Itʻs called "sujebi."

http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/sujebi

I love this website!

I wonder, did Mom really put anchovies in hers? Yeah, she probably just didnʻt tell us!  Anyway, I think I might try to make this sometime this weekend - it looks easy enough.  mmmmm. . . I canʻt wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment